HM Headers and Perry Exhaust is the largest Quality Assured manufacturer of stainless steel headers and exhaust systems in Australia. We manufacture performance headers and exhaust systems as Original Equipment for Australian Vehicle Manufacturers and also for aftermarket application.
We are an Australian owned and operated company, who has led the way in performance header and exhaust design for street driven vehicles and race cars since the 1960's. Our range in performance headers, extractors and exhaust systems for Holden V8 and Ford V8 product is one of the largest ranges on offer.
Our long standing relationships, with companies such as HSV since 1987, are an example of designing and manufacturing products that deliver proven performance.
Other partners that HM Headers and Perry Exhausts are proud to associate themselves with are:
- PWR V8 Supercar team and their road going supercharged performance products
- Walkinshaw Performance, and their range of high performance products
- Elfin Sports Cars, and their dynamic vehicles the MS8 Clubman and MS8 Streamline, which both feature a Perry Exhaust system
Delphi Catalytic Converters as one of our suppliers of aftermarket catalytic converters
HM Headers and Perry Exhausts is the amalgamation of two companies that in their own rights have developed a strong performance heritage in the automotive exhaust industry.
HM Headers has evolved from the original company that was founded in the1960's, called Head Mod. The business originally had two sections, one that focused on engines and the other, performance headers. These two sections divided into separate businesses and HM Headers was conceived. Prior to this division Head Mod had been involved in one of the most significant performance developments in Australia; working with Ford Motor Company to develop and manufacture the XY GT Phase 3 Headers and develop the XA GT Phase 4 Headers.
HM Headers direction has always been to focus on developing and manufacturing a significant aftermarket range for Holden and Ford vehicles, while working closely with companies such as GMH, HSV and Ford with their performance headers and exhaust systems. Some of the products developed in conjunction with and manufactured by HM Headers for new vehicle manufacturers since the 1970's are:
- Magna VRX 3.5 Headers
- Falcon XY GT V8 4V Phase 3 Header
- Falcon XA GT V8 4V Phase 4 Header
- Falcon EL GT V8 Headers
- Tickford Falcon AU T Series V8 Header
- Tickford Falcon AU T Series V8 Muffler Assemblies
- Mustang Header
- Torana SLR 5000 L34 V8 Header
- Torana A9X L34 V8 Header
- Commodore VK Group A V8 Header
- Commodore VN - VP V8 Header
- Walkinshaw Commodore VL V8 Group A Header and Exhaust System
- Calais VL SV88 V8 Header and Exhaust System
- VN - SV3800 Headers and Exhaust System, VN SV5000 Headers and Exhaust System, VN Group A V8 Headers and Exhaust System, Club Sport Exhaust System, VQ Statesman SV90 Exhaust System, VG Maloo Exhaust System
- VP - SV91 Headers and Exhaust System, GTS Headers and Exhaust System, Senator Headers and Exhaust System, VQ Statesman SV93 Header and Exhaust System
- VR - Club Sport Header and Exhaust System, Manta Exhaust System, GTS Headers and Exhaust System, Senator Headers and Exhaust System, Statesman Headers, Caprice Headers, Maloo Headers and Exhaust System
- VS - Manta Headers, Club Sport Headers, GTS Headers, GTS-R Headers, Senator Headers, Statesman Headers, Caprice Headers, Grange Headers, Maloo Headers and Exhaust System
- VT - Club Sport Headers, GTS Headers, Senator Headers, Grange Headers, Maloo Headers and Exhaust System
- VX - Club Sport Headers, GTS Headers, Senator Headers, Grange Headers, Maloo Headers and Exhaust System
- VY - Club Sport Headers, GTS Headers, Senator Headers, Grange Headers, Aust, UK and US Coupe Headers, Maloo Headers and Exhaust System and AWD Avalanche, Coupe 4, XUV Headers and Exhaust System
- VZ - AWD Avalanche Headers and Muffler Assembly, Coupe 4 Header and Exhaust System, XUV Header and Exhaust System
- VE - Clubsport R8 Headers, GTS Headers, Maloo R8 Headers, Senator Signature Headers, Grange Headers, Tourer R8 Headers, W427 Headers and Exhaust System
Perry Exhausts was also founded in the 1960's and their predominant product line was replacement exhausts systems. Then in the 70's, 80's and 90's Perry developed their own range of aftermarket performance exhaust systems. During their time as a manufacturer for replacement exhausts they have manufactured components for many vehicle manufacturers in Australia such as Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, GMH and Ford.
HM Headers and Perry Exhausts merged ownership in the late 1990's eventually combining both operations at their previous manufacturing facility in Hallam and became HPX Australia Pty. Ltd. Nowadays, HPX Australia Pty. Ltd. operates from a facility in Dandenong South, Victoria.